Sunday, October 13, 2013

Genesis

I bought my BMW 328i in February of 2013. I love the car and it became my ultimate daily driver. While it didn't feel lacking in any department, I feel the car is can do more, I feel it's hiding some sort of secret, just waiting to be discovered. And this started my journey into some unchartered territory.

I dig and I search what can be done with the car and I stumbled upon the world of coding. Thus, begun mu journey into unchartered world. I searched hard for E-Sys and it took me days to find out, it's only a PM away. I read all documents, practiced in my head, and just when I think it's as easy as a pie, I decided on actually pulling the trigger. Hit up eBay and local electronic stores for parts. After about a week, I'm ready to build my own ENET cable. And one Saturday, plugged it in, and I started reading coding data. And as a seasoned system architect, I knew I the first thing to do was to create a backup. 2nd thing was to create a backup of the backup.

I modified one NCD offline. Then attached my laptop again to the car. I was sweating and trembling, and it wasn't due to the weather. I ran this scenario in my head at least a dozen times, yet, it was never enough. I hit "Code FDL" and closed my eyes for what seemed an eternity. I opened them and I was greeted by a small window. YAY! It was a success. Damn, I can do a lot of things with this car.

I love my 328i and I love coding it to death.

1 comment: