I've heard numerous stories about the dreaded "Code Default Values" and the effect is always the same: The car will not start. In extreme cases, the car needs to be towed..oops, towing is not allowed on BMW cars, the car needs to be hauled away on a flatbed truck. Some gets lucky and were able to recover. It happens to the best of us, and I've had quite a few close calls as well, myself.
I wrote something in Bimmerfest. Maybe it will help, even for a bit. Here's the original post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7981283&postcount=11
And here it is again:
Backup e-sys.jar first before you do anything else
1) Use WinZip or 7Zip to open \lib\E-sys.jar
2) Extract messages_en.properties (for Deutsch, messages.properties). You can find this in com\bmw.esys\gui
3) Use Notepad to open the file
4) Search for CodingView.AZC=Code Default Values and change as you see
fit and save. Ensure notepad does not add ".txt" to the filename (In the
Save File dialog, in the Save As type, select "All Files").
5) Replace the file in E-sys.jar. Same location. Extract it again and check to be sure
Of course, the above will not prevent you from accidentally pressing it still