Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Random Musing #2 - "Good Artists Copy, Great Artists steal"

"Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal" - Picasso

I've recently chanced upon the above quote, and I thought it couldn't be more fitting that what's happening lately.

To start with, one troll has launched a witch hunt against me. It has been going on for a while now, but one I always ignored since I didn't think he deserves any of my attention. I guess his animosity towards me started when he couldn't crack my token, despite me telling him exactly my process in a numerous and lengthy email. It was detailed, short of writing the code myself and giving it to him. I now realized that even if I did that, he wouldn't get it anyway.

Another guy showed up in the forum recently. The troll saw a chance to pounce on me and throw numerous accusations and took a jab at every single chance he gets. I'm pissed off, but I ignored it. But I'm still pissed off, so much so that I stayed away from the forum. THAT is how much I'm pissed off. I enjoyed hanging out in the forum but I can't stand this guy.

Let's see what he's accusing me of:
  1) I don't share anything. - Really? I've told this guy everything, it's not my fault that he doesn't understand any of it. I think he equates sharing to spoon-feeding -which I never believe in. You know the proverbs: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"? This is what I believe in.

As far as I'm concerned, I've been sharing information in the forum. I've given tools that help fellow coders. And this troll dared accuse me. The thing is, if you search his posts, not a single one is helpful. He likes to answer like "Search the internet". That is the most asinine answer anyone could ever come up with. 90% of his posts is asking for help and he's as clueless as can be, because the answer to his question is already provided in the very thread he's asking.

  2) "I am just a seller" - Well, if you don't recognize my tools as help, then yeah, I'm just a seller. I sell my own original work though. I don't rip people of their work. And there's a reason why I'm selling tokens and giving away my more valuable tools. I could have sold my tools too, but I don't see any reason.

Here's the kicker -this troll sells tokens as well. Tokens he got from a stolen information, tokens he got for free, tokens provided to him by the other guy. If you belong to any European BMW Forum, he has likely offered you "his" token via PM.
    
He claims he developed this token, but boy, you can bet your bottom dollar he didn't do anything because none of this make sense to him.

The other guy took several jab as me as well. First, he called my assertion that there's a danger in a patched solution, despite having a proof, FUD. I thought that was funny and absurd at the same time.
He came up with a token solution he claims is safe and will accept any token -both of which is false. By working with the troll above, they were able to come up with a solution similar to mine. I say "similar" because it's not the same. Not as secure as my solution -close but not quite.

"Good Artists Copy..." Too bad they only settled in copying. That is already a failure, in my opinion.

By the way, there was a thread over at Bimmerfest which was already deleted as it gotten crazy. The troll looked down at people and started calling them names and what-not. In that very thread, he did admit that he was studying my solution, along with one other guy. I find this preposterous and disrespectful. Never have I encountered a forum where one could be so blatant and open in disrespecting another member. He dared accuse me of being "just a seller". He's dirtier and stinkier than the mud he's throwing at me. Yes, I sell tokens, but he sells tokens provided by others. And he tried to crack my solution...

You may be saying, "But you cracked BMW's solution as well". Yes I did, I did crack it. I copied the idea. BUT I didn't stop there. I made the idea my own and made it better - "Great Artists Steal". The fact that my token would only work with my solution is a proof of that. I worked hard to make my solution secure so no modified CAFD would work, so our car remains secure from malicious intent. We're talking about a $40,000 (at least) cars anyway. 

And here's one more kicker. The other guy says "save your money and donate it to charity"
 (Note: Other name redacted upon request)

What happened? Did the world turned upside down. Why dis and accuse someone of doing something when in fact, it is them doing it?

I am very disgusted and disheartened with all of these. I believe in humanity but these things are certainly taking their tolls on me...

Lastly, truth be told, I give a lot of people free tokens. Some insisted on donating but I don't accept personal donations. I told these people if they're serious about donating, to donate it to their local Children's Hospital or Cancer institute. I support these two institutions. I believe they're doing this world a huge favor.

Now, I never intend to disclose this because I believe helping others is just natural, it's being human. It's not something you do and then tell the world about it. But, with all the accusations thrown at me recently, I can only take so much. The people I helped could speak for this...

Picasso is indeed one of the brilliant mind of his times - "Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal"

Note: I know this is ranting. I just had to let it off. There will be no other similar post in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Hey TokenMaster nice writing. But can you keep me off this?
    I never had one-on-one with you nor I did copy any of your work.
    I just followed AngryDad's direction but instead of 3 classes I just found out solution in 2. Thats all I did. Nothing more nothing less.

    Its displaying my name in there... sorry if I offended you anyways.
    email: bhanvadia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think there was anything bad said against you. It's just showing the interaction between you two, which is crucial, but you were never in a bad light nor even made to appear that way. Anyway, redacted. You may want to remove your email address.

      But you did admit to studying my work as well. While I don't like that, it's fine by me so long as you don't make money out of it.

      Delete
    2. I studies what I was emailed. Never had your patch or token with me. I was provided decompiled files to study by email from same guy, I did look at it for sure and commented once on thread. But not to copy it or rip it.

      Delete
  2. Hi, this is svc0x80.

    The reasons things between me in bhanvadia got so heated was the constant PM he sent me without waiting for a response. The entitlement attitude is rather annoying.

    If bhanvadia was provided with decompiled files it certainly wasn't by me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man i was provided ESCTM pdf by vince

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi TokenMaster,

    I agree with you vince59 is a bad guy. I gave him my esys 3.26 patched files for testing and he never respect our deal for few$ ... After he claimed everywhere on forum that he have a patched solution ... Poor guy

    ReplyDelete