Wednesday, May 27, 2015

TokenMaster's Tools Region Ban

Due to large number of people reselling my tools in China, I decided to completely ban China from using any of my tools, until further notice. Despite me asking these people to stop reselling, it seems there's no way they'd listen. It is quite unfortunate and disheartening, but when something  designed for a good cause is misused for personal gain, I have to do something about it.

Sure, I can implement a sophisticated check, activation, server validation, hardware lock, ...etc., but the point is, I was hoping I didn't have to. I was hoping people would do the right thing. Evidently, that is asking too much.

Rather than punishing the entire community for the fault of the few, I decided to just shut these people out. Of course, there will never be a way to do it on an individual level, so the only choice is to ban the entire region.

Those who already have my tools can continue to use them. Those who resell and obtained them somewhere else will have to contend themselves with a faulty version. There's no upgrade path either.

I hope China will be the last to do this, because I can do this to other regions too.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I'm being blocked by your region ban and I live in US. When I launch the Esys Launcher Premium, it asks me for an activation code. Can you help me with this?

    apelio1 atgmaildocom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The window requesting for activation code has all the details. Let's not use this for requests as I don't monitor comments actively

      Delete
  2. i am not from china but need activation code.
    tobasco7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. please send me an activation code
    Bkosteck@yahoo.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete