Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Some Launcher V2.9+ Notes

These past few days/weeks have been specially hectic and chaotic. I've held off issuing tokens and codes since I was working on something. And what I thought and planned to be a seamless, painless upgrade, turned out to be anything but. V2.9.0 was a disaster,V2.9.1 wasn't any better, V2.9.2 was barely acceptable and V2.9.3 showed a glimmer of hope.

It took a friend from the other side of the world to get it back to an acceptable level. Working but not perfect.

I'd like to put out some guidelines for existing users:

  •  Those who now use the new EST format, you should be OK with any V2.9+ version
  •  Those who have the older format, still valid, non-extended tokens, upgrade now and extend your tokens using V2.9.3
  • Those who own an already extended tokens, please do one of the following:
                - If your old token is still valid today, please revert to the original token and upgrade to V2.9.3, then extend your token.
                - If your old token is already expired, but is already extended, stay on V2.8.1 for now. The upcoming version will have a token migration tool which will help you move to V2.9+.


I tried to accommodate all scenarios to make it all seamless. However, supporting extended tokens requires me to relax security a bit. One that I'm not willing to compromise with. So, I opted to come up with a migration tool instead.


I promise you an easier, more stable, future versions coming, both PRO and Premium alike. It is taking me a while to bring Premium up to par with the PRO, but it is what it is for a very good reason.


And....Happy days are coming!!!

Some BMW gods smiled upon us. I have to look more into it and see what exactly is entailed, but it does look like your shiny new G-series, and those on newest iStep, is about to be a bit happier. Launchers have been on V59.4 for quite a while now. It's about time to move to V61 at the very least, V62 maybe, if we get ever so lucky...Happy days, happy days.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to updated mapping. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially intended to release it in the next version, but FA activation and EST extension is priority. So, it will be in the release after next instead...hopefully, together with support for V3.31.0. When I said Happy days, I had no idea what was coming. Better get my game back in :)

      Delete
    2. Perfectly understandable.

      Delete