Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kompatibilität und Informations System (KIS) Advanced Table Viewer

A great member of the BMW Coding community (SS :)) asked me a while back if I can write a KIS table viewer. It took me awhile what with all the retrofit activities I've been doing, but finally, I found a good library to utilize. And the result: KIS Advanced Table Viewer:



KIS is part of E-Sys and is runnning in the background. E-Sys reads and load all KIS database on start up -and this is probably why E-Sys frequently runs out of memory at its default configuration. The HyperSQL code and GUI is based off of umpakba's work. It's heavily modified to make KIS work, however.

While the tool is free, I don't think it's for everybody. KIS database contains some great information, but only if you make sense of it. Otherwise, it's pretty useless.

The tool is free, but I'm not making it available to the general public. HMU if you want it, but let me know how you're going to use it :)

EDIT: 12/14/2014
I can now share this publicly: KISATV

2 comments:

  1. It asked me for user name and password.
    Is there an instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete